Previously I created a Chinese vote application and now I had invented a English Version with building up a new data structure.
Now what I need to do is to upgrade the old version of the Chinese Version in the new one.
So, first of all, I need to design the upgrading process carefully in order to success.
The upgrading process I will going on is about, first to create a new folder named with other, and copy the old one into this folder, changed the coding. And also the database name also must copied the old one into another name, and try to use upgrade file to upgrade the database name to check if any wrong there. With the convention process until it is to be success, then the time I changed the old one’s name (including file and database) to other temporary, and changed the new one to the previous name to test it. If it is failed, I can simply re-change back the folder name and also the database name. It can avoid failure.
Just now I tried to export and import the related database to other table name, I found that there have language failure problem and this may be occurred in Chinese characters. I think I need to deal with it carefully in order to upgrade it successfully with not affect the ongoing process. Currently, it is not many but not less web site are already install this Chinese vote application inside their blogs and forum.
However easy one may be the hard thing sometimes. Only we can do is deal everything with real concern.